Options
neanderthin
neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
Definitely caught a few people off guard. wowzah

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    A great deal of this forum probably has no idea what in the world you are talking about.

But it did catch people off guard, and if history repeats itself, it will probably catch Lewis off guard as well. The chances of an existing WDC winning a title at Ferrari seems pretty slim if you ask Seb, Fernando, or Kimi.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    A great deal of this forum probably has no idea what in the world you are talking about.

But it did catch people off guard, and if history repeats itself, it will probably catch Lewis off guard as well. The chances of an existing WDC winning a title at Ferrari seems pretty slim if you ask Seb, Fernando, or Kimi.

Yeah, I suspect your right, but this is a site with lots of Europeans as well but yeah, F1 is not very popular here in NA.

Lewis hasn't won a race in 2 years, and the 2024 W15 is probably not going to be competitive enough to deliver a WC for Lewis and I think he knows that and considering he's 39 and has probably 3 or 4 years left of racing and going into the new 2026 rules, it's probably a good bet that the Max's, Charles and Lando's of the world will be a tough go. Also, every single driver on the grid without exception will have visioned themselves winning Monza in a red race car and Lewis has always admired Ferrari and just took delivery of his LaFerrari and now will end his career driving for the tifosi, it really doesn't get much better than that barring a World championship. I must admit I was initially surprised, not so much anymore, quite the contrary. Merc has had it's day in the sun and with Ferrari the only team to win a race against Red Bull in 23 and the fact Ferrari took 7 pole positions it's not really that far out. cheers.