Staying on task

How can I be serious at staying on task. I seem to go up and down with my weight. I enjoy Starbucks and that’s the problem. I know I eat too much. HELP!

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,973 Member
    Only YOU know what it will take for you to want to take the effort to make a change and stick to it. It sounds like you already have some clues where to start. Save money and calories - make your own coffee and don't pollute it with empty calories. Just have coffee. Yum! And if you eat too much, start logging to see which foods are causing you to have too many calories, then limit how much of those you eat. Focus on getting good nutrition and staying within your goal.

Oh. Yeah. Goals. Set some goals! Make your goals measurable. Make them specific. Give them deadlines. They should be tough, but attainable. Then get after it. Reassess over time. See if your results match your expectations. If they don't, change your approach.

The real thing is that you are the only one who is responsible for you. You just have to decide that you're worth it and you're worth making the effort. Only then will you stay on task.

Good news is you can do it. Get started and STICK TO IT. Then if you have a bad day, shake it off and get back to it. Don't wait until next week. Don't even wait until tomorrow. Do it NOW. Now is all we have. Change things now and stick to it.