Food Logging/Getting rid of

Options
Sett2023
Sett2023 Posts: 158 Member
Hi, everyone.
Being on maintaining from enough time to let me hope I've figured out how many calories I can eat/have to burn to stay here, I moved my focus towards nutrients crucial to my health. So I'm trying to get rid of *all* the foods I used to log while losing (I chose the ones with the right amount of calories, but didn't pay attention to other values), but... here's the problem: I can't get rid of them!! I've tried and tried, for months, but they keep resurfacing. Sometimes I seem to succeed, but after one or two days... tahdah, here they are again! So, question: is there a way to make they gone for good??? I would like to find a solution before adding new foods, because I started doing it and it's a lot of work, and sadly it becomes completely pointless if, as just re-happened now for the millionth time, when I try to log the new voice MFP reoffers me all the old ones too! I begin thinking my only choice is to cancel my profile and open a brand new one...
Tagged:

Answers

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    You mean food options for logging in the app?

I have mine sent to “most recent” and it gives the last week or so of options.

You can also input a lot of your creations/foods and choose from that list. I have a lot of foods I input myself and recipes. Those you can add or delete.

rmmhdsst0gje.jpeg

7uh4727xf1jt.jpeg
  • Sett2023
    edited February 4
    Options
    Yes, I mean that, but the weirdness is that even if I've deleted them (checking the square), both in recent and in more used, they reappear! And there's more (I forgot to mention it before): sometimes the foods I see in "recent" are really the most recent I used, but (too many) times they are food I didn't use since a lot of months (I eat very "seasonally" so, for instance, the last "vitello tonnato" I ate is for sure from at least August... and MFP listed it in my recent foods yesterday!?). I know that in the last months logging had a lot of bugs, in fact I waited to see if it was a bug and was fixed, but it's a problem I see since at least three months in my diary... and I'm tired of deleting and re-deleting and re-deleting...
  • Sett2023
    Options
    Ok, it seems there's no alternative... I have zero desire to do it, but I'll proceed deleting my profile/opening a new one.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,272 Member
    Options
    Have you tried deleting the app from your device and then reinstalling it without deleting your profile? That solved a weird issue for me. I think I may have cleared the cache on my computer before re-installing. It did work. I was reticent to do it, but the help support staff suggested it was worth a try.