DECLUTTER IN FEBRUARY!

Options
2»

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,302 Member
    Options
    I can't take credit for it, but my son got fed up with the food pantry, pulled everything out (and I mean EVERYTHING was spread across the kitchen counter and dinner table), then systematically put everything back in a way where it's no longer visually cluttered, everything is easy to find.
  • LuckyStella1
    LuckyStella1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I tackled the mail and “VERY IMPORTANT PAPERS” pile. Turns out they weren’t actually that important…

Shredded most of it, everything else went into labeled folders or the memory box for sorting again some other time.

Saving the pictures and cards for another day helps keep me on track instead of wandering down memory lane and avoiding the task at hand. When the memory box is full, I’ll have to sort it and make decisions.
  • J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    edited February 10
    Options
    I love that you have a memory box!

I think my pantry will get done today.
    Last night was spent getting my son packed for a camping trip with the scouts. I fell asleep at 9pm which is 4 or 5 hours earlier then usual! So nothing got done.
  • Surrealmuse
    Surrealmuse Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love this challenge! Just what I need as we're trying to sell our house and definitely need to declutter after being in the same house for 20 years. I've already started this week a little and got caught up on several months worth of mail (I do email/autopay) so a lot is just junk. Today I'm going to brainstorm with my husband and make a list of all the things we need to accomplish to get the house ready to sell and tackle some tasks.
  • J3nnyBeanz
    Options
    I am tackling my basement over the course of this week. There's so much down there I feel frozen just thinking about it! I'm giving myself some grace and time to fully complete this!

@Surrealmuse welcome!!!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,302 Member
    Options
    My wife's gotten into the spirit, and asked me to haul all the large boxes filled with miscellaneous things from under the basement stairs, up two flights to the bedroom, for her to go through. She didn't toss a single thing, but she did consolidate everything into fewer boxes for me to haul back to the basement, which makes the space beneath the stairs look just a little bit neater.
  • J3nnyBeanz
    Options
    @nossmf that's great! Even if nothing got tossed at least you know what's there. I dud half of my desk today. Tomorrow I'll tackle the other half!
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm going to finally,today, put 3 boxes of my uncle's stuff from the 80s into a shed. It's been in the living room for 3 weeks while I'm recovering from falling on the steps right on my tailbone. :s
  • J3nnyBeanz
    Options
    I'm finding that my procrastination is both a blessing and a curse LOL. While I procrastinate about doing one task of decluttering I end up doing others so either way something is getting done. Even if it's not what I initially set out to do.
  • J3nnyBeanz
    Options
    My goal today is to get rid of at least 3 boxes from the basement. I had a huge yard sale and I'm finding that things I did not sell I felt had value still and could sell again at another garage sale. I'm finally going down there and getting rid of things to donate or throw out.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I am doing poshmark online for one year, and then donating everything that doesn't sell. It hasn't been very lucrative, but I've sold a few items so far. 🤪
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Emotionally hard declutter this month was donating all of my deceased dog's items to the shelter. I washed it all and took everything she had, which was quite a bit space wise in my house. I felt good about it, like it will help another dog, after I had done it.

I need to get on the ball in March...