IF in small doses

Options
2»

Replies

• ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 844 Member
    edited February 7
    Options
    Agreed. It would have to be based on something like blood samples, microbiome, epigenetic markers, blood sugar levels and white blood cell count, saliva samples- to see your overall biological age, and the specific biological ages of your heart, brain, liver, kidneys, and blood, your metabolic, immune, and hormonal systems, and your inflammation system, over an extended period of time, before and after IF.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, a perfect study for this doesn’t exist. For example, current studies don’t consider senescence, where aged cells generate a mix of inflammatory chemicals that can damage the surrounding tissue. It’s just too hard to see the full picture. Likely best to conduct your own study on yourself and see if it’s worth it. Use those generic ones from the 1950’s on reaction time lol.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Good Lord y'all. This isn't even what the original poster was actually asking about. Just can't help yourselves. Back to the original post... if spacing out your meals by a few hours helps you stay in a calorie deficit. Great! Don't get wrapped up in the other... I'm gonna be charitable and say... less than true stuff.
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 844 Member
    edited February 7
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    Good Lord y'all. This isn't even what the original poster was actually asking about. Just can't help yourselves. Back to the original post... if spacing out your meals by a few hours helps you stay in a calorie deficit. Great! Don't get wrapped up in the other... I'm gonna be charitable and say... less than true stuff.

My bad ☺️ I only see what has newly been added.

OP, please ignore my comment. Basically this is what applies to you- “Likely best to conduct your own study on yourself and see if it’s worth it”.