3 Worst National Businesses in Your Opinion

Options
Firemansam79
Firemansam79 Posts: 416 Member
So, I really get torqued by businesses that have the "You need me more than I need you attitude". Some I just try to avoid all together and there are a few places I will never do business with again.

In your opinion what are the 3 worst businesses and why, in as little of writing as possible.

1. Direct TV (FULL BOYCOTT) - Worst customer service ever, long term customers get shafted and get no incentives unless you threaten to cancel. Then they bow in front of you and beg for you to stay with short term offers, the offers disappear before the term they promised. They are a very sneaky company. ALWAYS check your bill and never set-up AUTO PAY.

2. Wells Fargo Bank (FULL BOYCOTT) - They have no "Personal" in Personal Banking. No customer service and FREE doesn't mean FREE.

3. Best Buy Product Support - Customer service reps must pull double duty for Direct TV cause they are just as bad. Lame *kitten* geek squad coverage "Never" works the way it was marketed. I like Best Buy for their sales and financing, but I guess they see it as you saved the money on the goods, so they cut the money from customer service.

Replies

• RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    DirecTV provides me with amazing customer support, I've been a customer since 2002 and never had any issues getting deals when I tried.
  • Firemansam79
    Firemansam79 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I guess the wouldn't make your worst 3 then.....

It's nice to know they treat all of their customers the same.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    1. Direct TV (FULL BOYCOTT) - Worst customer service ever, long term customers get shafted and get no incentives unless you threaten to cancel. Then they bow in front of you and beg for you to stay with short term offers, the offers disappear before the term they promised. They are a very sneaky company. ALWAYS check your bill and never set-up AUTO PAY.

Had this same experience as well. I cancelled all my TV and now use my moms Netflix when I want to watch anything but for the most part I don't watch TV.

As for the other 2 I would have to seriously think about it, I haven't had bad service many placed but then again I do not shop for things very often.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Monsanto

*runs*
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Wells Fargo. Quit using them years ago.
    AT & T has horrible customer service.
    And.......I'm not sure what my third would be...
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Sprint
    Century Link
    ANY airlines company. Especially United though.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Dude lay off of DirecTV they are awesome.

I dont know if I have three but my # 1 most hated company is....

COLDSTONE: It's been five years at least since I've gone there. How do I go in there on my birthday with a "free" coupon and then end up paying five bucks for ice cream. I have to read the fine print to get ice cream on my birthday. Never again. Plus they enjoy humiliating their staff by singing for money like a vagabond.

BIG FREDS PIZZA: Its local. And I actually don't hate them. Pizza is delish. I will never dine in again though. No free refills on Pop? Dude charged me like 9 bucks in Pop. What the heck? 25 cents for the mints? Really?

COX: I add on some colorful language at the end of their name to express my feelings for them. I hate them. I no longer have cable with them and I only have internet because there are no other options.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    President
    Congress
    Senate
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    President
    Congress
    Senate

Canada.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    1 and 2 are the company's that came to my mind instantly!
    ( I am on hold right now with Direct TV, The main TV works but the
    2 in the bedrooms don't)
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
  • EastFork
    EastFork Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Comcast
    Comcast
    Comcast
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Cox: I will never use them again ever

McDonald's: I hate their food, I hated working for them, yeah I just don't much care for them lol

I really don't have a third but I am not happy with my nook or barns and nobles customer support but its still an OK product.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    President
    Congress
    Senate
    THIS. And DIRECTV is awesome. RARELY have I EVER had and outage. I never had to finagle with customer service.

Being on the the customer service end a lot in my lifetime, it could be that maybe the OP expects more than they think.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    Walmart
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Comcast
    Comcast
    Comcast
    Will NEVER do business with Comcast again after several bad problems (including digging up my lawn to place wiring and damaging my sprinkler lines) and the pathetic service it took to correct the issue (8 months worth of back and forth).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • janvcooper
    janvcooper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    verizon, verizon and verizon!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    chastity belt manufacturers
    any cigarette company
    mcDonalds
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Sallie Mae
    eBay
    Apple
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Comcast.

I've been getting raped by them for years. But shame on me for still being a customer.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    verizon, verizon and verizon!

i second this.

back when i was in college (7 years ago) i couldn't afford my monthly bill. i went in to my nearest verizon store and told them my situation and asked they suspend my account. they wouldn't until i paid my bill. i couldn't pay my bill before my monthly due date, and then was charged a late fee. and then another one. and another one. and another one. and so on and so on and so on. they took a $50 balance, charged me up the *kitten* in late fees, eventhough i went in and TOLD them my situation, and they finally stop lossed the account at, get this, FOURTEEN HUNDRED FCKING DOLLARS.