How can I tone out my body if I’m a skinny fat type of person?

Options
Im 19 years of age and im a skinny fat and im wondering how can i start to tone out my body and what should i be doing to loose the love handles and the belly fat?

Answers

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    They're 2 different processes. Start by choosing which you want to focus on first. Do you want to put on muscle, or lose the fat? To put on muscle, you'll have to weight train. There's no 2 ways around that. If you want to lose the fat, you're going to have to go on a diet and eat fewer calories. Do one, then the other.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,922 Member
    edited February 6
    Options
    Eat at maintenance and get familiar, hopefully through someone that has some education in exercise physiology and design a good weight resistance program and lift like your life depended on it. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    Join a gym and work with a trainer. Every gym I've ever joined has given 1-3 sessions for free with membership, and many have offered small group classes for free or very inexpensive.

Don't rely on the trainer for nutrition advice unless they are actually qualified. Most are not. For example, we see here many posts by people who have been given ridiculously high protein goals by their trainer.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    19 and skinny fat will generally do the best with eating around maintenance calories and getting in sufficient protein and weight training with a proven beginners program. At 19 and untrained you should make good progress if you do it right.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    edited February 6
    Options
    Exercise hard and smart and with good form, using a proven beginner program and without injuring yourself. Provide your body with sufficient nutrition which starts from including sufficient--not consistently too many and not consistently too few--calories.