New here!

Options
Hello everyone! I'm new to fitness pal and excited to try it out. I'm on a weight loss journey and am honestly struggling to find the motivation to go to the gym, but love every second when I'm there. My eating habits aren't terrible, but could improve..as a working mama, I just can't find the time. I'm also still packing post-partum weight from 6.5 years ago. It's time for it to goooo!

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,272 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You don't have to go to the gym to lose weight. You have to eat in a caloric deficit. Working out, both strength training and cardiovascular exercise, is good for your body and will improve fitness. But for weight loss (and we're really talking about fat loss) the trick is to be in a reasonable calorie deficit.

Use the guided setup here on MFP for a starting point. Then track honestly, completely, and accurately. After a month or so, see if your results match what your expectations were. If not, you can move the goals.

Use this time to build new habits. That's where success awaits.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
    I agree with what OP said, weight loss is about calories in vs calories out.
    I don’t go to the gym, but when I used to, if I wasn’t feeling motivated, I told myself I’d just get ready and drive there. If I didn’t want to do it then I would come home. By the time I was there, 100% of the time I would go in because I was already there.
  • JarheadSFMF
    JarheadSFMF Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Some inexpensive dumbells and you can just work out at home. Muscle burns more calories even at rest.