Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Barcode Scanner

Options
My best suggestion for MFP would be to remove the paywall for the barcode scanner. That the app was intentionally made LESS functional for a cash grab is definitely a sign of greed on the part of MFP corporate.
It makes sense to roll out improvements to paying premium members first. But to disable an existing feature is just blatant greed and disdain for users.
8 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• kasperges2
    kasperges2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Agreed, just switched phones and now I can no longer scan barcodes? This is just *kitten*. It makes the app barely usable and tracking food much harder for no reason at all. Why would I now suddenly get Premium and start paying for something that was always readily available for free? I'm probably just gonna quit MFP and find another app now, don't want to throw money at a company that does *kitten* like this.
  • d8czdx2kcx
    d8czdx2kcx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Agreed, also if the barcode scanner is available to everyone theoretically it would cut down on the duplication of food entries and incorrect food entries