newcomer

Options
I am a little confused about what to eat. Here are my results for today

Remaining -204 97 -36 -11 856 -34

that is calories, carbs, fat, protein sugar - but what does it really mean???

i want to gain weight but i want to be muscular and lean and fit and feel good. I feel so good right now, so i might be afraid of loosing my feeling well by gaining weight. And probably doing something wrong. But it goes well and i feel very good right now so that is perfect actually :-)

Replies

• BelleVegan77
    BelleVegan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Eat well :) and move. If you want to gain weight approach it healthy. First up is your goal to gain muscle or just weight? My best suggestion for muscle is talk to someone at your local gym or YMCA they should be full of advice. Infact a lot of places will give you a free trial, even if it is just a day (some a week or more) and answer your questions. If it is just weight then give a hoot to your local dietition.

Just eat healthy :) No matter what you goal junk is bad for you. Muscle requires more protien (vegan is best in my opinion) and weight more carbs but I am not a professional I am just a long time struggler LOL Good luck either way.
  • korinnabauer
    Options
    why should i ignore what exactly?

And what is mfp?

I am female, 177cm tall and 53kg.

I live an active livestyle, that is to say, i move a lot but might not work out a lot, i like walking and biking for fun but no extremes - nowhere...whether food, sports or something else.

I do not eat (highly) processed foods at all...well, once in a while yes but i cook my own lunch in dinners but i do love chocolate :-D

As said, i am thankful for any advice and would like to discuss a healthy living lifestyle as well as sharing the one and other recipe :-D

Almost friday...whohoo
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    MFP is MyFitnessPal. :smile:

14877786.png
  • szjauhar
    szjauhar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to have more muscles, but sculpted and not ripped (in other words, sort of like Halle Berry), then you should go and speak to someone about weight training which would give you some muscle (weight) gain, but not gain fat. You would probably want to be on a higher protein diet as muscle requires more protein than fat. Walking is good for working out one's legs. Maybe look into something fun that will build muscle like kickboxing or Pilates if you don't want to lift weights. I'm not an expert at all, but I do think at least speaking to a personal trainer (even at your local park district) will give you the information that you are seeking.