Hi guys starting this new journey

Options
Pls share recipes that help me with weight lose at the same time I'm lifting weights and trying to build muscle. Thank you !!

Answers

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited February 10
    Options
    Protein. Lots of protein.

I always grill or smoke extra meats on Sunday to chop and use for simple low cal wraps throughout the week.

Last week was smoked pork with some Hughes spicy sugar free bbq sauce (super low cal and better than the full sugar ones imho).

This week will be grilled chicken seasoned with honey aleppo, or some seasoning I picked up at Buc’ee’s. Haven’t decided yet.

Am also making husband (by request) some nachos for the Super Bowl. Those leftovers will make some bangin’ wraps next week. Mmmmmm

I slice and dry-sautee chicken and steak, and do the same with bell peppers and onion. Once everything is nicely charred, I add it all back to the pan together and hit it with a simple homemade fajita sauce of A1 sauce mixed with tomato paste.

Toss some on tortilla chips with cheese and rinsed canned black beans and broil, and voila, low cal nachos. (IF we can stay out of the tortilla chips and don’t lavish them on the baking sheet! 🤣)

Get creative. What’s high protein that you enjoy, and how can you easily and conveniently add it to your day?

I love cottage cheese and usually eat three servings a day. Have also discovered I can cook a couple slices bacon in a paper towel lined bowl in two or three minutes. (Covered with a second towel). It drains 90% of the bacon grease into the bowl, doesn’t spit in the microwave, and I simply wipe the bowl out with the paper towels already in it. Bacon for breakfast is the bomb.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,275 Member
    Options
    To lose weight: Eat fewer calories than you use.

To lift weights: Lift weights.

To build muscle: Eat enough protein (too much isn't any better than enough), don't eat too many fewer calories than you use (eat more calories than you use if you aren't that overweight), and lift weights.

The first and third can work in opposition to each other, so it's important to dial in very specific goals before deciding on an approach to achieve those goals. What are your SPECIFIC goals? How much weight to lose? How much muscle to build? How much fat to lose (because if you build muscles, you might gain weight while losing fat)?