Graveyard person

Hi i sleep during the day from about 6-2 what are the best tips for someone who eats breakfast at 3pm and dinner around 2am?
Tagged:

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,929 Member
    Tips about what?

The same physics apply irrespective of what time you eat or sleep. Make sure to get enough good sleep even though it's at a time when most people aren't sleeping. Make sure to get adequate nutrition. Make sure to eat an appropriate number of calories depending on your goals.

\
  • RoyK90
    RoyK90 Posts: 12 Member
    I know what you mean Sablerose. The biggest thing I’ve noticed to graveyard shift and it’s no trick. When you’re getting off work don’t stop for anything. If you manage to avoid the fast food breakfasts don’t stop at a gas station or you’ll be tempted to eat something.

Then if your hungry when you get home have something quick preferably already made for you to eat (if your not fasting) otherwise you just gotta suffer.

Good luck.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,839 Member
    For logging it doesn't matter. Just rename your database headers (you can do that on the website). For weightloss it also doesn't matter. Your body doesn't stop losing weight if you have a meal called breakfast at noon or later.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,752 Member
    I work 7:30pm to 8:00am 3 night per week. When I get home, all I want to do is shower and sleep. I don't eat after I get off work. I eat something before I go to work, then pack stuff to fill the rest of my dietary needs.

My week looks like this:

Monday, wake up around noon. After a couple hours I'll eat something, then pack my food for work. Leave for work about 6:50pm. I'll usually have something to eat about 9 or 10pm and then about 2 or 3am, depending on how busy I am/what's going on.

Tuesday, get off at 8am, then home, quick shower and right to bed by 9am. Sleep till about 4pm. Up, eat something about 5pm, then more or less repeat my schedule from Monday night.

Wednesday, repeat Tuesday schedule, except sleep until 5pm if I can manage it.

Thursday, get off at 8am, home, shower, sleep til about 1pm and adapt back to days until the next week.

I have blackout blinds so my room is dark enough and my husband who works from home is considerate of my sleep.

Your body doesn't care when you eat your calories, as long as you stay in a deficit you will lose weight.