Hello from Oklahoma

Options
I’ve used this app off and on but never seriously. I’m 58 years old and my 40th Reunion is in May. I want to go with my head held high and not let my current weight keep me from seeing long time friends.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,275 Member
    Options
    Hi Teri, and Welcome!

I don't know how much weight you're planning to lose, but I do know that three months is a very short time. This may be a journey that you start now and continue for the LONG term. You might serve yourself better by taking a slow approach. Make some progress now, and you can still hold your head high when you see old friends. Rapid weight loss is almost sure to end in failure.

Beware of motivation. It will leave you cold in a dark alley. Instead, make the commitment to stick to it, and build good habits you'll keep forever. People compare it to brushing your teeth. I doubt you have motivation that makes you do it, but it's just something you do because it has rewards. Sticking to your plan for weight management also has rewards!

Rather than motivation, build habits.

Set goals. Make them tough but not too tough. Make them measurable. Give them deadlines. Then get started! What are your goals?