Does the 7 minute workout really helpfull for weight loss and promotes the mood ?

Options
I hear that 7 minute workout can help for weight loss and get you in good mood in just few minutes.

Answers

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,437 Member
    Options
    Maybe it does get you into a good mood, but a 7 minute strength workout (assuming this is what it is) will not even burn 100 calories. Strength training in itself doesn't burn a lot of calories, but it's great for health. Hey, if I were to run for 7 minutes then I'd probably burn something like 50 calories. On that note, in order to lose 1lbs you need to consume 3500 calories less, or burn them somehow.

Why not simply do workouts that you enjoy. Or don't do any if you don't enjoy them and eat at a moderate calorie deficit.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    It may help your mood however it really won’t burn enough calories to make a difference for Fatloss.

Fatloss is more of a dietary subject.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    You get out what you put in.

You out in 7 minutes of anything, don’t expect to reap great rewards.

However…….if you’re new to exercise, it’s a start and that’s a good thing. Make it 8, then 9, then 10 til you can reap those rewards.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,730 Member
    edited February 16
    Options
    Any workout that gets the blood going and improves your mood.... well it gets your blood going and improves your mood!!!

This may have great implications for weight loss if it affirms that you care for yourself and improves your outlook and your day.

Especially if, when your ability to perform the workouts gradually improves, you add another 7 minute workout. And another.

Or it can have dismal implications if you believe that you now DESERVE to have a snickers bar because you exercised.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Have you tried it? Whatever the workout entails, it's only 7 minutes, apparently. Why not do it every day for a week and then see how you feel?
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    I am tempted to try the 3:12:30 workout next time I want to bust out a cardio workout at the gym. I've heard it will kick your butt. Mine could use a kick....
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    it can have dismal implications if you believe that you now DESERVE to have a snickers bar because you exercised.

You were clearly sharing space in “old me’s” head.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,571 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    it can have dismal implications if you believe that you now DESERVE to have a snickers bar because you exercised.

You were clearly sharing space in “old me’s” head.

my sister and I used to go to the gym every saturday for a couple hours... we dawdled in the change room, did some weight machines, yapped and chuckled, did a bit of cardio and then left... hitting McDonalds on the way home for a big mac meal as a treat. We're lucky if we burned 300 calories, and then went and consumed 1500.

Now... if we'd just had the mcdonalds with NO gym, then we'd have been 300 calories worse, but the "treat" for working out was NOT helpful to our goals. LOL.

But at that time....? We wondered why we weren't seeing any results. LMAO! We had no idea how it all worked.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,418 Member
    Options
    Seven minutes is better than zero minutes.

But it matters what you do during the seven minutes.

And the mainstream advice for basic health is 150 minutes per week of moderate intensity cardiovascular (CV) exercise (or 75 minutes of more intense CV exercise, or a proportionate combination of both intensities), ideally spread over at least 5 days of that week; plus at least two days of some type of strength exercise.

Ergo, 30+ minutes is better than 7 minutes.

If you're at zero, seven is a good start. As that gets easy, do more: That would be my advice.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    Onefeet wrote: »
    I hear that 7 minute workout can help for weight loss and get you in good mood in just few minutes.

Seven minutes could definitely lift my mood.

If that seven minutes gets you in a good mood, and you decide to do a more substantial workout or better yet eat in such a way to create a calorie deficit, than yes, it will help with weight loss.

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    7 is better than zero however if those 7 minutes is drudgery then it can be counter productive. If you're serious about exercising for health (the best reason) find something you enjoy whether it's hiking, biking, swimming or whatever.