Replies

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Continue eating in one?
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Only way I know is to pay close attention to how much, what, and how often food and calorie containing beverages go down my 'hatch'. Usually this includes restrictions of one or all three items, sometimes includes cravings and feeling hungrier than I like to feel. The hardest part, at least at one time for me, was making discretionary choices and finding tasty solutions for their preparation and presentation.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Log or pre-log your food to see if you are in a deficit. If you are not, look to see what you can reduce, swap, or eliminate to get into a deficit.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,993 Member
    Options
    Eat today. Log it all in. Did you go over? Why? Look at all your entries. Which ones have too many calories for the satisfaction you got from them--like satisfying your actual hunger, supplying needed nutrients and energy needs. Satisfying? If yes, prelog to eat more tomorrow. If not Satisfying, don't eat that tomorrow. Keep going, keep building your knowledge. If you stumble, get up. Try again. Add activity that you like and can do-- including easily finding time for it. You won't be an expert for a long, long while. But you can know more and do better next week than you did last week.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    First, make sure your calorie deficit is not overly aggressive:
    ublc9qymt4yl.png

Then, through trial and error, figure out what foods/way of eating satiate you the most and focus on them/that.

For some people, it's vegan. For others, it's keto. I like the MFP default macros, but for carbs I need to get them from foods like whole fruits and rice and beans rather than high flour/sugar baked goods/ice cream.