A-holes on the road

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    People on their cell phones. Texting or Talking. Hang up and drive, idiots. You're not so GD important that the world can't wait for 30 minutes while you're on the road, so you can LOL their latest hilarity.
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m41tkdOuQQ1ruf812o1_500.gif
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Having to stop at traffic lights after letting somebody out of a junction, they get past but I don't. It makes me far more grouchy than it should.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Most recent incident, a MASShole (sorry Massachusetts folks, but you do have a horrid reputation up here that is justified in my experience) practically rammed in to me so I had to stop to let him in my lane. I don't get why people do this! Stop, put your blinker on an some polite person is bound to let you in to traffic. No need to turn into the car beside you to get your way!
    The worst of it was that he then proceeded to drive slower than my elderly Uncle. GAH!

I have a 45 minute commute so the list of my rants would be a definite tl;dr situation.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Most recent incident, a MASShole (sorry Massachusetts folks, but you do have a horrid reputation up here that is justified in my experience) practically rammed in to me so I had to stop to let him in my lane. I don't get why people do this! Stop, put your blinker on an some polite person is bound to let you in to traffic. No need to turn into the car beside you to get your way!
    The worst of it was that he then proceeded to drive slower than my elderly Uncle. GAH!

I have a 45 minute commute so the list of my rants would be a definite tl;dr situation.

I was living in Massachusetts when I got hit by that car.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options

REALLY??? 98% of the topics on the Chit-Chat Forum have been discussed multiple times! What about the Drop A Word/Add a Word - part 70?? Or Rate the Person Above You - part 5,867?? I mean c'mon.....:noway:
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Women drivers.
  • rsimoneau1
    rsimoneau1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Is this for just drivers? Because on my run the other day, a kid flicked a cigarette at me. I don't think he expected (or his friend for that matter) for the cigarette to a. miss me, and b. for me to stop and "counsel" them on what they had done wrong, and that perhaps they should think twice about messing with people that can probably run a lot faster than them while chasing them.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Canadians!! Sorry guys, but you guys are horrible drivers! I live right next to the boarder and they flood our roads with horrible drivers!
    Really? I'm Canadian and when I go to Buffalo I see a whole lot of NY plates driving like idiots and doing stupid things.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Is this for just drivers? Because on my run the other day, a kid flicked a cigarette at me. I don't think he expected (or his friend for that matter) for the cigarette to a. miss me, and b. for me to stop and "counsel" them on what they had done wrong, and that perhaps they should think twice about messing with people that can probably run a lot faster than them while chasing them.

Haha - that's awesome!
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I have a few pet peeves;

1. Slow aholes in the fast lane.

2. Dummies that slow down through intersections even though it's a green light.

3. Wanna-be speeders - those are the dummies that will pass you on a straight while you're going 5-10 over the limit, but as soon as they get to a turn, even if it's long and sweeping, slow down because they don't have the balls to stick it. WHat I do in this case is pass them back in the turn if visibility allows it so he has to pass me again in the next straight.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Minivans--they always have the worst drivers in them. People going too slow in the left lane. It is a passing lane, I dont care if you're going over the speed limit--get out of the way if someone wants to pass you. When it says merge--that means you merge by getting up to the same speed as everyone else not by slowing down.
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    I hate hate hate it when people don't use their god damn blinker!!!! So when they switch lanes right in front of me

OMG YES!!!!! or keep there blinker on fo rniles not knowing if there turning or not
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    U-turns!! What is it lately that everyone thinks it is ok to do a u-turn? I've seen more in the past year then I've seen in all my years of driving. The latest one was a semi truck on a 5 lane hwy, he actually stopped traffic going both ways as he maneuvered his u-turn. BTW there was a large parking lot not 1/4 of a mile down the road where he could have safely turned around.

Elderly drivers who should not be on the road anymore. Where are their families? Shouldn't you have to take a road test to get your licensed renewed after a certain age?

Crotch rocket (Japanese motorcycles) drivers who are going so fast that you can barely see them, as they weave in and out of traffic during rush hour on a busy 5 lane hwy. We have had several fatal accidents in my area in the last few months where this has been the cause.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    i drive at my job all day and see assorted idiots. bicyclists are just as bad running red lights and using both the road and the sidewalks
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    and people who now don't even slow down for stop signs turning right..... it doesn't say stop if you feel like it!!
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Last night I was driving home in my Jeep Wrangler.
    Now the Jeep is an outstanding vehicle for many things but, road racing is not one of them.
    I have a Magnaflow exhaust so it is kinda loud but, nobody is going to mistake me for a Corvette.
    Anyway, I was driving home running about 75 MPH when a Dodge Ram pulled up along side of me with some hillbilly behind the wheel.
    I had just gotten off a 12 hour shift and I just wanted to go home.
    He starts lurching ahead like he wants to race and finally he guns it ahead of me and then jerks over into my lane (I am in the number 4 lane on a five lane highway.
    I glide to the left and pass him and, now I guess he thought we were actually trying to race.
    Well, he floors his pickup truck and takes off in a cloud of unburnt fuel.
    I have no idea why he thought a Jeep would be a race car.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

then go post in that thread, veteran.