Sorting Recipies

Options
ithacaborn
ithacaborn Posts: 23 Member
When using the Recipe tab on the web, is there any way to sort them from A-Z? I do it on my phone, but I don't see that option online.

Thanks.

Chip

Best Answer

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Unfortunately, no. Nor is there a way to search them. You have to page through.

What you CAN do is search for them when you log a food, but that's just for entering the food, not editing the recipe or reminding yourself what's in it.

If you like a recipe, edit it. Even if you don't change anything, as long as you save it, it will go to the top of your list. I do this every now and then. To be honest, I should go in and delete some older ones that I don't use or for which I have newer versions.

Answers

• ithacaborn
    Options
    @mtaratoot - thanks for the reply. For as many people that use MFP - paid and free (I pay) - they seem to be lacking quite a lot of functionality.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    There's a way to suggest new features to staff. That might be a good way to get it on the radar if it's something you'd find useful. If you're already on Premium, you won't mind if it's only available to Premium members.

I'm very pleased with both the free and Premium versions. In a few days, I'll hit my six year anniversary using the tools here. I've been sad when some went away or went to Premium only when I was on the free version. I am grateful that all these amazing resources are available to us. I don't let the lack of perfection detract from being really damn good.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    edited February 22
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Unfortunately, no. Nor is there a way to search them. You have to page through.

What you CAN do is search for them when you log a food, but that's just for entering the food, not editing the recipe or reminding yourself what's in it.

If you like a recipe, edit it. Even if you don't change anything, as long as you save it, it will go to the top of your list. I do this every now and then. To be honest, I should go in and delete some older ones that I don't use or for which I have newer versions.

This is only partially true.

You can't search them from the database and you can't sort alphabetically if you navigate to Recipes using the Recipes tab from the main food navigation bar, however you can sort them alphabetically on the web version by going to:

FOOD > Add Food > Recipes > (click "Default/Name" from the "Sort by" dropdown at the very top)
  • ithacaborn
    Options
    @mtaratoot

I should have been more precise. I do have them sorted, as you mentioned above. I meant on the Recipe Importer tab. There isn't a way to sort your recipes there.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    ithacaborn wrote: »
    @mtaratoot

I should have been more precise. I do have them sorted, as you mentioned above. I meant on the Recipe Importer tab. There isn't a way to sort your recipes there.

Don't they go to the same place?

I have imported a few recipes, and on the web they are then treated just like any other recipe.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you can't sort on the Recipes from the main navigation bar.

Only from the Add Food > Recipes