50%
mrmota70 1 vote
Workout less
0%

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options
    Perhaps giving details in more words would be helpful in people making a decision on what to advise you. As it is, I wouldn't even hazard a guess.
  • Plasicage
    Plasicage Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    If you’re going for cardio, might as well just fast unless you’re training for a race.
    If you’re planning on weight lifting ( the way I understand it) it’s a longer investment where you’re not going to see loss right away, but it’s going to turn your body into (less) fuel efficient in longer run, and use up more calories. But actual lifting doesn’t use same calories as cardio. So imo you may not even need that much food to lift.

I would stick to an exercise plan and adjust the fasting around it. That’s just my opinion anyway.
  • runmotor
    runmotor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The power of ‘&’- work-out AND fast!
  • Kotkoda005
    Kotkoda005 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bit difficult to say without knowing more but one thing to remember is that workout and fasting are not mutually exclusive. You can do both of them however, you'd need to set it up correctly so you're not shorting yourself or doing any health damage. My preference is always to workout and make sure my nutrition is on-point in the kitchen rather than resort to fasting but that is very much a personal decision.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    Fasting is fine if it helps you, but it's optional for weight management, and has mixed evidence for other benefits.

Working out has well-documented benefits.

If you can't seem to fast and work out both, I'd put in a vote for working out as more important for health.