For People born with 4 ab muscles, is there any way to get more?

Options
I Only have four abdominus Rectus muscles and I am looking for advice on anyway to grow more

Answers

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    How do you know you only have 4? If you were born with only 4, that's all you'll ever have. I don't think there's even a surgery for that
  • foldinthecheese
    foldinthecheese Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's genetics. If there was a way, it would be surgery, but I've never heard of that kind of surgery.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,382 Member
    Options
    We can potentially increase the size of muscles we have, but we can't grow entirely new muscles we literally don't have. Humans have 2 rectus abdominis muscles, unless something has happened surgically or there's a birth defect.

We have a six-pack (or don't) not because there are six muscles, but because the two we do have are segmented.

Not everyone can get a six pack, because there are some genetic factors. Whether you don't have a six pack because of genetics, because of under-developed abdominal muscles, or because overlying fat is hiding the segmentation . . . I have no idea. A photo here might result in better feedback.

Best wishes!

• foldinthecheese
    foldinthecheese Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 21
    Options
    Agree with what annpt said. To add some more, not everyone has the same number of inscriptions (the fibrous bands that go across the RA). So the number of the "pack" is determined by genetics. The thickness of these bands is also not the same for everyone so for two otherwise identical individuals with the same muscle mass and fat percentage they may have a 4 pack, 6 pack, 8 pack, and some may look more defined than others.

It is possible it looks like you have a 4 pack because you only have 2 inscriptions. In that case, there's no way to develop a 6 or 8 pack. It's also possible it looks like you have a 4 pack because one or more of your inscriptions aren't as thick. In that case, you may be able to get a 6 or 8 pack by building muscle and/or losing weight. It's also possible you have more inscriptions, but they're so thin that it's virtually impossible to develop a 6 or 8 pack.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I currently have a 4 pack and am at 13% body fat. I am working to reduce body fat to under 10% but don't have my hopes up for a 6 pack... lol