Lost 167 pounds naturally (no surgery) in 3 years! (5’9 31 year old female)

Options
mehwhatever
mehwhatever Posts: 569 Member
edited February 20 in Success Stories
(No I’m not flipping the bird)
bx2vqca0yj9y.jpeg
Hey there! I’m Ashley! I’m 31 and I’m a Boston gal who lives near Charleston SC. I started my weight loss journey (for real this time) 3 years ago after my father passed from CHF and my mother got sick with lymphoma (she unfortunately passed a year later.) I was only in my late 20s and was well over 300 pounds and was developing insulin resistance and high blood pressure and was in constant pain from the excess weight and could barely walk a quarter mile to the store and decided enough was enough. I started logging all my food, cut out all junk, eating all whole food, lots of veggies and protein and working out at the gym every day doing cardio and lifting weights. When I moved to South Carolina I discovered my love of the outdoors. I started going to the beach all the time and swimming, going on beautiful hikes, and before I knew it the pounds just kept melting off. I now weight half of what I used to and I feel fantastic! My blood pressure, insulin levels, and blood labs are all normal now and I’m perfectly healthy. I can climb mountains, hike cross country, run for miles and lift things I never thought I could. I can wear a bikini to the beach or pool and not be worried about hiding behind a towel. I never thought I would get this far. If I can, anyone can!

Before:
Halloween 3 years ago
5’9” 325 lbs (miserable)

xx6tj1b5126g.jpeg

746m64hyr01b.jpeg
928w6yb21n5o.jpeg

After: 5’ 9” 160 lbs (much happier!) (Caution muscle flexing bikini top pics incoming, BE NICE)
3yol54uvnnh0.jpeg
ibl5bwi8dvgo.jpeg
sbly4ad1nkpj.jpeg
gjasgoxhf7fw.jpeg]
953k9p9kitll.jpeg

Replies

• Latrellis
    Latrellis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    great job beautiful!
  • mehwhatever
    mehwhatever Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Latrellis wrote: »
    great job beautiful!

Thank you dear! ☺️
  • MampyNoMore
    MampyNoMore Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WOW. HUGE CONGRATS! We're the same height, and my starting weight was in the 300s too. Your post is super inspirational. I have 30 lbs to go to get to my goal (it's been 2+ years), and posts like yours help! You look fab, and you sound so positive. I'm sorry you lost your parents, but I'm glad you found YOU.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!