Plans and calorie counter

Options
Does the macros gauges and calories gauge on the dashboard realign to suit a meal plan picked and used via MFP.

Ie do the amount goals rise/fall according to the plan you’re following.
Tagged:

Answers

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,227 Member
    Options
    It depends how you set them.

Go to your food diary and click settings, then look for this:

xsp7iqa2z3b3.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,143 Member
    Options
    Automatically? No.

But like @lietchi said, you can change the goals.

Strictly speaking, meal plan (specific food choices) and nutritional goals are independent. My nutritional needs as a vegetarian aren't different from my nutritional needs if I were an omnivore. What's different is the food choices I make to accomplish that nutrition. I still need the same amount of protein, fats, micronutrients, fiber.

Yes, some eating styles (keto, carnivore, etc.) involve macro distributions different from mainstream standards. It's fine to reset your MFP nutrition goals to sound values for your eating style.

Often, the meal plan source will suggest a macro distribution. (I'm not sure whether MFP's meal plans do that. I don't use an MFP meal plan. I use an Ann meal plan. ;) It fits mainstream macros reasonably well, though in maintenance I now target protein and fats grams minimums, don't worry about carbs, make it a point to eat 5-10 servings of varied, colorful veggies and fruits daily to dial in fiber and micros. But that's my plan, not your plan. :flowerforyou: .)

Best wishes!