NSV: 9km/hr

Options
I've had two wins today, and both were before 7am!

The first was that I set my alarm early and went to the gym before work. I could have used the sleep, but I'm glad my exercise is out the way for the day now :) It was also interesting seeing the different demographic. Normally I go at around 7 or 8pm, after work, and everyone looks like they're there under sufferance. The people there this morning appeared to be there for the love of exercise, and they had a generally more healthy/fit appearance. Interesting. It made me think that perhaps I can be one of THOSE people.

The second was that I started c25k (AGAIN!!! Third time lucky!) on the treadmill this morning. I know, I know, it's not the same on the treadmill and you have to increase the incline, but I have a medical condition that makes exercise a challenge, so I'm easing into it. The fact I'm doing it at all is pretty awesome if I do say so myself. But the fact I started again wasn't the victory (although starting IS important, every time, no matter how often you start). No, it was the fact that I cranked the speed up to 9km/hr. I'M SO EXCITED!!! 9km/hr is one of the preset buttons and now I can actually use it! It's not that fast a fast pace, and I only ran one of my intervals at that speed, but now I know I can do it. I was scared of that stupid button for no reason :)

Replies

• Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Those are two great NSVs! Working out early in the morning is not easy at all, and takes great dedication. Congrats!
  • happyindian
    happyindian Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I workout every morning from 5.30 am. The advantage is tht u are done with ur exercise for the day and then breath easy without the thot of still hvng to workout constantly nagging u. This way there is no chanc e of compromising on ur workout, whether u r tired or doing over time or what ever excuse comes to mind. secondly, i can plan my day, foodwise, taking into account my calorie expenditure and al. the only tough task is to get up frm tht locvely sleep early...but it is worth it.
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSVs! I will also add that getting my exercise endorphins in the morning makes the rest of the day much better. I find I am more chill the rest of the day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!