Hello Fitness Friends

Options
Mofracker
Mofracker Posts: 1 Member
edited February 22 in Food and Nutrition
I am interested in buying a Food Scale with digital readout for accurate weights and measurements - oz, grams, cups, etc. Also a tare function and smart phone connection to Fitness Pal. What brand is best for the value?

Answers

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The one you find in the store for twenty bucks.

I don't think you're going to find one that has connectivity, but that's OK. I finally had to replace mine after five years or so. I got a different brand/model because that's what they had.

Definitely get one with tare function. Get one to weigh grams up to 0.5 kilo (11 pounds). Get one that's easy to clean. Some have other features. Mine weighs in milliliters. It's a gimmick. One ml is one gram for water, and the scale doesn't know what liquid I am measuring.

Get one and use it often. It's a game changer.
  • mcraereid
    mcraereid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use the amazon basics Digital Kitchen scale. Has different unit options and tare function but no connection to app.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Seriously, any scale will do. Check whether the type of battery is easily available where you live (nearly bought a scale in the UK, and it had a battery that is rarely available there for some reason). Whatever you buy, might be good to keep your phone away from the scale. Some of them are sensitive to that and mess up the measurement. That's all.