Fatty liver

Options
Makkar86
Makkar86 Posts: 131 Member
How much alcohol consumption is fine if one has a fatty liver

Am aware that u should not drink not gud for health blah blah...

Just wanted to ask if any one is aware how much consumption is fine ??

Answers

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,412 Member
    Options
    Talk about this with your doctor. Nobody here can answer this question as we don't know the details of your condition, nor the reason, nor what other measures you take.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,926 Member
    edited February 22
    Options
    Yeah, not a good idea. It'll just worsen your condition by placed greater demands on your liver because the liver is what metabolizes alcohol and if your not following along, will worsen liver damage and cancer, yes, liver cancer is end stage stuff. Also alcohol will make weight loss harder which is really the only way to actually reduce and reverse fatty liver, your basically sabotaging yourself.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    No alcohol consumption is fine if you have fatty liver.

I knew someone who had to have a liver transplant because of fatty liver that progressed into cirrhosis and then end stage liver failure. I dont know what stage you are, but is it worth it?

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    Less the better….
  • jennywren93
    jennywren93 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Zero is best for fatty liver. Sorry. I do like an occasional whiskey/scotch, but if you are actively diagnosed with fatty liver I would cut it off for at least 6 months or until your liver enzymes are back to normal.
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I just got diagnosed myself. As others have said none in an ideal world. I found two resources really helpful: "LiverHealthPod" (podcast with liver doctors) and a Facebook Group: "Life with NASH: An American Liver Foundation Support Group". Both of those have a ton of amazing information and resources. Good luck to you.