New to Myfitnesspal

Options
I am new to the site. I have a pretty sedentary job and work from home alone so looking to connect with a community of people who can help motivate me on my journey. I am also doing "Meatless March" so trying to find some healthy vegetarian recipes that are easy to make and use ingredients I can find at my local grocery!

Replies

• mattWilson2534
    mattWilson2534 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! I’d be happy to help motivate you as you reach your daily goals. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,481 Member
    Options
    There are some vegetarian recipes in the MFP blog here:

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/recipes/

The ones I've tried have been pretty good. (Just put "vegetarian" or "meatless" or "vegan" in the search box to find some.)

I don't have specific recipes to recommend, I'm sorry to admit. I've been vegetarian for nearly 50 years, but most of the time I "just cook" rather than following recipes. I have various meal patterns that I like, but details vary every time.

Eating meatless, of course be sure to get enough protein, and consider whether it's complete, bioavailable protein. (Complete = balanced essential amino acids, EAAs.) If eating fully plant-based, I'd recommend supplementing B-12, even if only a month. (Nutritional yeast would be a good choice, since it's also cheesy-tasting and has some protein.)

This is a useful reference for nutrition, though if you're doing this for one month only, some details can be fudged somewhat with that short a time, IMO.

https://veganhealth.org/

(B-12 is a water soluble vitamin, leaves the body faster, so good to get some unless you're eating enough dairy/eggs to get a reasonable amount.)

Eating meatless is a fine thing, but just for the record, it's not extra-helpful for either weight loss or good health, IMO. That's all about good overall nutrition at appropriate calories, regardless of dietary style.

Best wishes!