Calorie goal question

Options
I've been using MFP, the free version, and my calorie goal was 1200. Now I'm paid but my calorie goal shows 1568 now. I've discussed goals with my nutritionist and decided 1200 was appropriate. How can I change that back to 1200? Is the extra numbers due to my exercise today? I don't want the exercise added to the 1200. What do I do?

Answers

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    That's all up to you.

You pick your activity setting.

You pick your weight loss rate goal.

You choose to add exercise calories or not.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,443 Member
    Options
    What Retroguy said. But keep in mind that if you really burned 370 calories exercising then not eating them back is similar to not exercising and only eating 830 calories. That’s starvation level eating. Did your nutritionist not say that? If they just said 1200 then you want to eat back the exercise calories because you’re in the end eating less.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    edited February 24
    Options
    Just go to your Goals, and manually edit your calories to 1200.
  • BelghachiKhaledwalid
    Options
    naah 1200 is very low , ive been overweight and loss fat then build muscle and its never been less then 2000 calories
    i would like to courage u to do a +1800cal diet and just enjoy the journey
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,638 Member
    edited February 24
    Options
    naah 1200 is very low , ive been overweight and loss fat then build muscle and its never been less then 2000 calories

1200 is very low *for you*, it may not be for the OP. If your doctor recommended 1200, go in and manually change it to 1200 like cmriverside said. Then, if you start lising too fast, you can always increase calories.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited February 24
    Options

You are, judging from profile pic, an active, weightlifting, younger male. Judging from OP’s ID she is female and we have no idea how active, tall or old she is.

While I agree with you in principle that many people start out way too low, we need more information before we make that kind of recommendation.

I am a senior female who is currently maintaining at about 3,000. If I “only” ate 1800 I’d be malnourished within a month. See what I mean about generalizations?

Your intentions are very good, but more info needed. Hope to see you posting more, though!

BTW, your profile pic is tiny, and my senior eyes are…..well…. very senior. Apologies if I got that wrong!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,344 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP, the free version, and my calorie goal was 1200. Now I'm paid but my calorie goal shows 1568 now. I've discussed goals with my nutritionist and decided 1200 was appropriate. How can I change that back to 1200? Is the extra numbers due to my exercise today? I don't want the exercise added to the 1200. What do I do?

Are you working with a registered dietician or a "nutritionist?" If it's someone who is a nutritionist, consider their recommendations with a little salt. A few grains. I am a nutritionist, not that it matters.

What are your current stats (height, weight)? What are your goals? Why did your nutritionist suggest 1200 calories? What did you do with MFP that your goal changed? Is it possible that 1500 is a better goal for you?