50+ and needing to lose weight

Options
I'm 51 and out of shape. Im super motivated though and am off to the races! Anyone else over 50 and on a journey to better health? Share what it is you are doing or are considering doing. How are you feeling? Need support? Need a friend? Do you cook and have recipes to share?
I'm currently doing intermittent fasting 18/6 and am on day 10 of 6 month program.

Replies

• Udare2bu
    Udare2bu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 60 yrs old 5'11, and I started at 317 in June of 2023 and now weigh 238 lbs. I started to walk an hour every or 10,000 steps a day, I also started the mediterranean diet. Type II diabetic and now insulin free, was on 3 liters of oxygen full time completely free now and my blood pressure is normal. I want to get to 185 lbs by June of 2024. I just started Qsymia just this week to help me reach my goal... :)
  • pqgrbj2m6p
    pqgrbj2m6p Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m 50 male at 5’ 9”.
    Started at 274 now at 250. I want to get down to 225 by mid April but progress is slowing
  • mikemacdude1
    mikemacdude1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Udare2bu wrote: »
    I am 60 yrs old 5'11, and I started at 317 in June of 2023 and now weigh 238 lbs. I started to walk an hour every or 10,000 steps a day, I also started the mediterranean diet. Type II diabetic and now insulin free, was on 3 liters of oxygen full time completely free now and my blood pressure is normal. I want to get to 185 lbs by June of 2024. I just started Qsymia just this week to help me reach my goal... :)

Wow! That is awesome. You sound well on your way to your goal, you must feel so much better already!? Congrats.
    How you liking the Mediterranean diet? I

• mikemacdude1
    mikemacdude1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    pqgrbj2m6p wrote: »
    I’m 50 male at 5’ 9”.
    Started at 274 now at 250. I want to get down to 225 by mid April but progress is slowing

I'm in a similar spot. Started intermittent fasting 18/6 sort of clean keto with restricted calories. Hoping this will speed things up a bit. Drinking a gallon of water a day and pissin' like a racehorse! 😆✌

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Udare2bu wrote: »
    I am 60 yrs... and now weigh 238 lbs.... I just started Qsymia just this week to help me reach my goal... :)

Twins, except I am through week two and am coming in around 242 lbs.
  • AuntKimme1
    AuntKimme1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I have been on since April and following a low carb diet. I am 51 and I keep losing the same 40lbs since 2001. Love to see others success as it’s motivating!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options
    I am 57, and have lost 80 pounds in the last year. I started just counting calories, but several months into that my A1C came back as entering the pre-diabetic range. I switched to Keto, and for me it has been one of the best changes in how I eat that I have ever made. I still count calories, but when I am away from home I can easily stay within my goal just eating Keto appropriate foods. Having said that, I am not saying Keto is the only way to go, but it is the way that works for me.
  • Paz922
    Paz922 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I am 54 and gained 10 lbs in 6 months. I l led a 3 month challenge during the pandemic and lost 15 lbs. I felt great and it was awesome to be in a group that motivated each other.

I need so much support now. I've tried to lose weight on my own without success. It would be great to lose 10 lbs by April 15th and another 10 lbs by June 15. I believe two months is attainable with a healthy life style. I can’t do fad diets or starve :)

I started a motivation thread a week ago and a few people joined but they have not posted much.

I am super motivated and I won’t give up.

Starting weight- 162
    Goal weight buy April 15- 152
    Goal weight by June 15- 142

2/18- 162
    2/25- 162
    3/3-
    3/10-
    3/17-
    3/24-
    3/31-
    4/7-
    4/15-