How to break out of weightloss plateau?

Options
Hey there y’all, I’ve lost plenty of weight throughout my journey but haven’t reached my goal yet, I’m stuck in a plateau anyone ever experience it and broke out if it? Would love to chat! :)

Answers

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,594 Member
    edited February 26
    Options
    The biggest and most important question is how long has this plateau been going on? 4-6 weeks or longer? Yes, you are correct sir/madam/non binary. A few days? A week or two? Could be anything. Weighing with clothes vs without clothes. Too much sodium. Before the bathroom vs after the bathroom. Just started a new exercise routine.

Others more sciencey can go into more detail. :)

If it's a true plateau...have you recalculated your calorie goal after losing weight? Are you weighing your food or guesstimating? Are you even logging? :)
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    If you’ve been stuck for a month or more you’re at maintenance calories and you need to go lower. Depending on how much you’ve lost that will dictate how much lower to go. If the loss was sudden and only been about a week or 2 there’s a good chance it’s just water retention.
  • HungryCatapillar24
    HungryCatapillar24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Mines been stuck for a while so had bloods done and it’s a thyroid issue… I’m weirdly happy about that, a little pill can sort it 👍
  • Mischante
    Mischante Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I maintained my weight over the holidays and started back up again in January. I decided to increase my step goal by 2000 a day to get the scale moving again. I am finally at a normal BMI for the first time in my life.