Why am I not losing Weight? Plateau?

Options
I have been faithfully following a 1400 calorie a day protocol, logging all food and working out at least four times a week. But I'm on a plateau! Very discouraging. Anyone have tips on blasting out of the plateau zone? I'm discouraged. TIA.

Best Answer

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Knowing a little more would help us help you. How long have you been in a calorie deficit this time, and how long has the stall on the scale lasted? What is your age, current height/weight, and daily life activity level (job and such)?

Answers

• moore85ag
    moore85ag Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have hit this plateau as well. I'm 39, female, with hashimoto's thyroiditis, 5'2, 167lbs. I've been on a 1300 calorie deficit for 9 months. Average about 4k steps per day, working out 3 days per week for 40 minutes. My weight when I started was 191, so I have lost some weight. I am proud of my progress but now discouraged. I've been stuck bouncing between 167 and 165 for 2 months now... help?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,520 Member
    Options
    moore85ag wrote: »
    Hi. I have hit this plateau as well. I'm 39, female, with hashimoto's thyroiditis, 5'2, 167lbs. I've been on a 1300 calorie deficit for 9 months. Average about 4k steps per day, working out 3 days per week for 40 minutes. My weight when I started was 191, so I have lost some weight. I am proud of my progress but now discouraged. I've been stuck bouncing between 167 and 165 for 2 months now... help?
    Try a diet break for a few days. Bump your calories to like 1800 for a couple of days or so then go back to your 1300. I know it sounds contradictory, but sometimes adding calories gets the body to utilize energy more efficiently again. You MAY gain a little weight but don't fret.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited February 29
    Options
    corinne294 wrote: »
    I have been faithfully following a 1400 calorie a day protocol, logging all food and working out at least four times a week. But I'm on a plateau! Very discouraging. Anyone have tips on blasting out of the plateau zone? I'm discouraged. TIA.
    how long have you plateaued? That is the first and most important question.