Why does weight go up and down. ?? This is my first month. February

Options
y8g9ibsat011.png

Best Answer

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The trend is downward, so what does it matter that there are ups and downs? Congratulations, btw.

More detail: your body is so much more than bodyfat, and all these things have a weight. There's waste in your intestines whose amounts differs by day. Your body consists of a substantial amount of water. Eat a bit more salt and there's more water. Certain times within a menstrual cycle? Fluctuations. Working out? increase due to muscle healing or decrease due to dehydration. Even the clothes you wear or a glass of water just consumed (or food) show up on the scale. The best thing with weighing is to do this in the morning after going to the loo, naked before food or drinks. But still you'll find fluctuations.

Answers

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,624 Member
    edited March 1
    Options
    looks like your weight level is moving down on a pretty swift and consistent trend with absolutely normal fluctuations!

In fact, as you approach your goal the fluctuations will look relatively more intense and it will take a longer time to see through them to the underling weight trend line and weight level change.

Scale weight is scale weight and fluctuates and what you're doing (recording daily observations of your weight in a consistent manner) is arguably the best way to discover your underlying weight level change over time.
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I personally like seeing fluctuations. Not at first I didn’t, not even a little bit, but now I know exactly what’s happening. Like reading a book, it will tell you the story of what you’re going through. PMS- water retention right on cue. Ovulation- water retention right on cue. Salty food or a hard workout- water retention right on cue. But there’s also signs of dehydration, which show a deceiving weight loss. You’ll learn all about this as you go, track, and weigh. Nothing will shake you after a while.

That’s the most empowering and confidence building moment in weight loss IMO. That means nothing can stop you. See what I mean-

jbp2khuzw680.jpeg
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,440 Member
    Options
    Even in maintenance you’re going to see this. It doesn’t flatline then, either.

Weight is always in flux for a thousand different reasons.