I need a coach

Options
I would really like to meet with a coach to get a plan set up for fat loss.

I’ve been working on building muscle and I’ve made some good progress, but I want to shift my focus to cutting body fat and I’m at a loss. 1) I’m scared about the commitment to cutting when I have kids and want to continue to have regular meals with them and 2) I don’t really trust myself to get the numbers right with a cut.

My biggest barrier to hiring a coach is financial - I still have quite a bit of debt that I’m chipping away at, so I can’t commit financially to a full coaching program. Ideally what I’m looking for is someone I can meet with for an evaluation and to develop a plan that I can work in independently. But I’m afraid most coaches want a commitment to a longer-term program, which I understand. I just don’t want to wait until I can financially afford that to get started. Does anyone know of any coaches who will provide the service I’m looking for?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,911 Member
    edited March 1
    Options
    I would really like to meet with a coach to get a plan set up for fat loss.

I’ve been working on building muscle and I’ve made some good progress, but I want to shift my focus to cutting body fat and I’m at a loss. 1) I’m scared about the commitment to cutting when I have kids and want to continue to have regular meals with them and 2) I don’t really trust myself to get the numbers right with a cut.

My biggest barrier to hiring a coach is financial - I still have quite a bit of debt that I’m chipping away at, so I can’t commit financially to a full coaching program. Ideally what I’m looking for is someone I can meet with for an evaluation and to develop a plan that I can work in independently. But I’m afraid most coaches want a commitment to a longer-term program, which I understand. I just don’t want to wait until I can financially afford that to get started. Does anyone know of any coaches who will provide the service I’m looking for?

A google coach will have hundreds of lectures on this exact subject where you might find a good strategy ultimately, and possibly find more value than the opinion of one independent "coach" and it's free. Considering you put on muscle and had a plan I suspect your capable of disseminating and establishing a decent program where your eating a little less food without having to pay someone. I'm an optimist. There's also a lot of very well versed members here on MFP that could probably give you exactly what you are looking for and for free as well, you just have to ask. Just a thought.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    You don’t need a coach. Just learn how to take in fewer calories with the correct macronutrients, simple…..
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,520 Member
    Options
    Inbox me. I've been on here forever.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    It's not complicated. Small calorie deficit (cut from carbs first), plenty of protein, keep lifting frequently.

For some inspiration, the latest Will Tennyson vid is about him cutting 10 pounds in a month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFQuRjCme5Q
  • earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I didn't realize it was so easy. I feel much better now.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited March 1
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I didn't realize it was so easy. I feel much better now.
    Fatloss is simple but not easy for most people. There is a lot of patience and discipline involved and the leaner you get the more difficult the losses become