Hot Baths

Options
wpoor1965
wpoor1965 Posts: 2 Member
I am fairly new. I take hot baths with epsom salt and baking soda. Does this help with weight loss and other benefits?

Replies

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Negligible for weight loss. It might be the equivalent of one or two cookies per week.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    Not weight loss: Other benefits. It feels good. It can make sore muscles, swelling or other minor pain feel better, may help reduce insomnia, and things like that.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options
    No it will not help with weight loss

Not sure how you think it would do so?

Other benifits? - subjective but I presume eases muscle aches, is relaxing, helps you sleep, etc
  • Kotkoda005
    Kotkoda005 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No - it won't have any affect on weight loss. Will be good for rest and relaxation though and to help soothe those muscles! Might also help reduce any stress.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited March 2
    Options
    Man, I loooooove a boiling hot bath.

Unfortunately our tub is currently sitting in the garage after developing a leak. 😭

So much for fancy pants “spa” tubs.

And can I just say, when they take them apart, they look ridiculously cheap and flimsy. 🤬

I’m going out of town for a week and am seriously debating packing a little bottle of bubble bath!

Anyway, no dice on weight loss. If hot baths and epsom salts would’ve been beneficial, I’d never have gotten fat in the first place.