Trying to regain momentum

Options
I lost 78lb using this app 10 yrs ago, sadly 3 yrs ago I lost my dad, hit menopause & went into depression. Very long story short I gained 50 of those lbs back, my depression is now managed very well by HRT and I need to start logging again, I’ve ate far too much rubbish for for too long and need to get back in the habit of looking after myself as a whole

Replies

• Kotkoda005
    Kotkoda005 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. And remember - it is okay to look after and spend time on yourself. You can do this. 💪
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I lost 65 and have regained 30, after losing both mom and dad. It happens. I'm glad I had the time with them I did--both were 91 when they passed, 1.5 years apart. It's hard and I miss them a lot.

The good news is, we didn't gain it ALL plus SOME back. I'm grateful to stop myself now. Just luck that I'm in a better spot--yes, some hard work went into it, but most of us have to do hard work, so that doesn't make me special.
  • tripledad616
    tripledad616 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. Lost both of my parents within 10 days of each other a couple years back and weight just piled back on. Just now trying to get back into the swing of things. If I don't do something soon, I am not going to be able to.
  • GetZet
    GetZet Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I woke up one day recently, realizing my weight gain since my mom died last July. That last month of her life was all over the place and I lost both routine and momentum.

I now have a Bodi subscription and a gym membership—though I only use it to swim currently.

I’d like to join your accountability thread, even if only for sporadic updates. You inspire me