Pre bariatric surgery

Options
SimplyEmi
SimplyEmi Posts: 5 Member
Just had my first appt with bariatric Dr yesterday. Need to loose 25lbs in the next 3 months. I'm currently at 308lbs.
I was told I have insulin resistance visceral fat and not enough abdominal muscle. So I'm supposed to up my protein and to work out my core.
I think I waited too long to get this done, I'm 45 yrs old and always tired and in pain.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,615 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

The best time to start was a long time ago. The second best time is RIGHT NOW. Good thing you did that!

What are your goals?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    You didn't wait too long. It won't be easy every second, but you can do this. I started being more active while still obese and after finishing full-bore treatment for advanced-stage cancer (surgery, 6 months of chemotherapy, 6 weeks of radiation). I was pretty physically depleted at that point. I was 45, then, too.

You can make progress. Be patient and kind to yourself . . . but believe in yourself because change is possible.

I'm 68 now, slim and probably fitter than average for a 68 y/o woman. For sure, I feel younger than I did at 45, can do more things more easily, and my quality of life is So. Much. Better.

I'm cheering for you to succeed: Go after it! You can, and it'll be worth the effort long term, I predict.