Weight gain

Options
Hi iv been takin off indapamide 10 days ago due to my blood pressure lowering & last 6 days of been weighed iv put 8lb on yet stuck to my calories .I'm a bit confused into why this would happen .I feel so chuffed with myself loosing 21lb causing my bloody pressure to drop & also cholesterol & diabetes to go back to normal. But don't want my weight goin up again .Has anyone else been on these meds and found its done the same to them at all

Replies

• Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 406 Member
    edited March 3
    Options
    Does the med have a "diuretic" side effect?

-- i take a different bp med that has a known "diruetic" effect on body (causes body to release some water retention when medicin starts, and returns when medicin ends.)

Think my water retention generally fluctuates 3 to 5 lbs, and can also be affected by too much salt, heat/weather and monthly hormone cycle.

I am not a doctor.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    Seems normal to me: indapamide makes you lose water weight to decrease blood pressure. So if you stop taking it, your water weight will go up again to its regular level.

I imagine the amount will vary depending on the dosage you were taking, but it should stabilise after 1 or 2 weeks I imagine.

My 'credentials': I haven't taken this med myself, but my BF takes it and he lost water weight when he started taking it.