Which Fats do I enter

Options
When logging Create Meal to add to Food Diary with Quick Tools, which Fat information do I add when my recipe shows Fat g's & Saturated Fat g's?

Answers

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,282 Member
    Options
    When logging Create Meal to add to Food Diary with Quick Tools, which Fat information do I add when my recipe shows Fat g's & Saturated Fat g's?

All of it?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,212 Member
    Options

I don't understand the question.

If I made a recipe, I'd log the ingredients line by line, let MFP total everything up. If I choose valid, accurate food items from the database, that should sort out the fat and sat fat question. This could be done with either the meal feature in MFP, or the recipe feature. I wouldn't log a whole meal as a quick add or a one-liner in "my foods".

Personally, I would never believe the nutrient totals published for a total recipe in a recipe book or on a recipe web site. Some of those can be crazy far off, particularly if there's any variation in brands of ingredients or the like.