Anyone have any good tasty low calorie breakfast recipes to share ? Preferably something quick or

Options
jnikki408
jnikki408 Posts: 1 Member

Answers

• kimlouise0603
    kimlouise0603 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a protein smoothie 50g banana 50g strawberry 10g colles wellness road dietary fibre blend and musashi vanilla plant protein mixed with water
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    Online there a dozens of recipes for egg muffins or baked oatmeal or breakfast burritos that you can make ahead in a good-sized batch, put in the freezer, and microwave for breakfast. Web search is your best ally in this.

You'll find some good options in the MFP recipe blog, too.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/recipes/

You can put "breakfast" in the search box there and find lots of them quickly.

Lately, personally I'm liking a yogurt bowl with frozen mixed berries (quick partial thaw in microwave) with plain nonfat Greek yogurt, and a bit of hemp heart and ground flax seed, maybe a few walnuts. Or oatmeal made in the microwave (plain old-fashioned rolled oats) with some of those same add-ins, and a little blackstrap molasses for sweetness (and some good micronutrients).

In the summer before I head out to row in the morning, I eat crunchy peanut butter on a warm Ezekiel pita, plus a glass of plain nonfat kefir. That's nutritious, quick, calorie-appropriate and filling for me. I find it tasty, but I know that tastes can vary.

• kstevens2020
    kstevens2020 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love mushrooms and spinach topped with egg and I have nimble wholemeal toast.
    Or scrambled eggs
  • kstevens2020
    kstevens2020 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Also porridge oats.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,207 Member
    Options
    Mix 150 grams of Nancy's whole milk yogurt with 36 grams of thick rolled oats. Stir in 11 grams of cacao nibs. Let it sit for an hour.

That's it.
  • beccatesterman253
    beccatesterman253 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like making microwave scrambled eggs with egg beaters, chopped veggies, and cheese. I like to keep pre-chopped veggies like onions, sweet peppers, onions, and zuchinni as well as spinach. All are fantastic in an omelets, either microwaved or in a skillet.
  • annstebbing
    annstebbing Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have just discovered overnight oats so when I remember, I have those, usually warm. Lots of recipes online. Otherwise it's a smoothie which contains the basic, milk, 1/2 frozen banana, greek yoghurt, 1 scoop protein powder plus an assortment of fresh or frozen fruit, whatever I fancy at the time. Sometimes a tsp of peanut butter or oats thrown in.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Eggs plain and simple protein.. :)
  • aef5p
    aef5p Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Apple with 1T of peanut butter or 1/2 cup old fashioned oats with 1T of peanut butter.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,207 Member
    Options
    Lately, since a friend of mine keeps giving me duck eggs, a braised duck egg. Someone introduced me to braised eggs on a dive trip a decade ago. I like them better than over easy. They cook perfectly, they don't stick to the pan, and clean-up is pretty easy.

I crack the egg into a ramekin or custard dish to make sure it's OK and also make it easy to pour into the pan.

Next I get the pan warm over medium heat. I add 5 grams of butter. When it melts, I add the egg and about an ounce and a half or two of water and put the lid on. I set the timer for three minutes, and right before the timer beeps, I take off the lid, take out the egg, and add just a bit of Maldon salt. It's pretty tasty.

For chicken eggs, I use two eggs. A duck egg is about twice the size, and I usually just have one.

wmfrz9l09ou7.jpg