Chicken wings: calories with or without bone

Options
yirara
yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
So I have a pack of chicken wings with barbecue spice (likely not an extremely calorie dense glaceing as in the US, but not sure). Calories are 188kcal per 100gr raw. Is this with or without bone? The packaging doesn't say

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,121 Member
    Options
    Intuitively, I would say without the bone since that's usually how nutritional values are given?
    I've never seen it specified on food labels here whether it's with or without the bone, I always presume without. And 188 sounds about right for marinated chicken wing meat.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Intuitively, I would say without the bone since that's usually how nutritional values are given?
    I've never seen it specified on food labels here whether it's with or without the bone, I always presume without. And 188 sounds about right for marinated chicken wing meat.

I'm wondering. This is from a country where I've seen meat with and without bone on nutritional slips before. But it usually does say. But I guess with bone the calories would be too high.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,121 Member
    Options
    That's what I was thinking too, the value seems high if it includes the bone.