Sweet Tooth

Options
dyoung90456
dyoung90456 Posts: 1 Member
Any suggestions on how to stop craving sugar….All suggestions welcome.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work for everyone, but making it a point to eat several servings of fruit daily helped me reduce cravings for less nutrient-dense higher-calorie sweets like candy and baked goods. I'm not the only person on MFP who's reported this experience, so it's potentially one thing to try. The first couple of weeks involved some intention and will power, but it didn't take long.
  • bamagiggles47
    bamagiggles47 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If I am really craving sugar and not just wanting water. I will fix a cup of coffee and it will usually do the trick. Sugar free gum also will vanish it for a while.
  • Kotkoda005
    Kotkoda005 Posts: 66 Member
    edited March 8
    Options
    I either grinned and bear'ed it out it had a bit of greek yoghurt mixed with berries. Now I eat a higher fat content and have no cravings. It only sucks for the first little while and then they go away!
  • wm3796
    wm3796 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gum, no calorie flavored seltzer, Chobani zero sugar Greek yogurt, Chobani flips.
    The cravings definitely get better as you eat more Whole Foods and less processed foods.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    For me, more fruit and 0 calorie drinks like Gatorade Zero and diet Pepsi.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,918 Member
    edited March 8
    Options
    It depends. Personally I'm very low carb/ketogenic so no sugar is my world, but of course some foods I eat do have sugars in them naturally, like yogurt. The problem is the 0 fat yogurts or "fat free" yogurts which take up 90% of the space in my 2 locals, have twice as many carbohydrates than full fat versions, frustrating if your looking for yogurt that only has bacteria as an ingredient because most 0 fat yogurts can come with a grocery list of added ingredients.

I do partake twice a week in full fat yogurt with blueberries, works for me, but it can also not work if it's too frequent. It's like the diet pepsi I use to drink, not any more though. O calories in diet pepsi, basically no sugar at all but the problem was the more I increased the amount I drank the more sugar just got into my head and I was thinking about sugar way too much and it drove me to consume something that was actually sweet like a donut for example, lol, yeah that was an eye opener. So for me, it's a world destruction event if I get too much of the taste, your results may vary.