It’s hard for me to loose weight why 😩?

Options
Jennym_1992
Jennym_1992 Posts: 1 Member
I’ve been eating good for a few weeks now and I haven’t seen any changes with my weight I’m still the same weight 😩

Answers

• gfif113
    gfif113 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There are only 2 reasons and not a singe more:
    1. You're counting calories incorrect/cheating/forgetting/neglecting to count bites. Try to mention every single thing, try to weigh each peace of food with precision.
    2. You're spending less than receiving - you should make more day activity (like long walks or gym) either reduce your daily cal limit even more (I recommend 1st option).
    Also it could be one more reason - let's say... 2.1 when you kept loosing weight for weeks or months, but suddenly stopped with that exact lifestyle and daily kcal. limit. That means that your metabolism slowed so much, that adapted to suck energy from every single crumb and supplies energy to organs and muscles almost upon written request lol, but basically it's 2nd reason.
  • sjolinhenric
    sjolinhenric Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There could be several reasons. If you feel very confident in your calorie tracking and general basic understanding of how much less you need to eat to see change, then look at other areas of your life that could need fixing. The goal here should be to live a healthier life, not just to look healthier!

One of the biggest transformations for me has been sleep. Sleep is the single greatest thing you could do for your weight loss (outside of tracking your consumption/calorie burn).

Focusing on making the most out of your sleep will fix many other aspects of your life, so it's a great goal to have.
  • dramaqueen39
    dramaqueen39 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That can be a bummer when it happens. Just to make sure, instead of going on the scale to check if you're losing weight, use a measuring tape to see if you have lost inches around your waist, hips and arms. Also, are your clothes loose? The more you lose the tougher it gets. You may need to make new adjustments now that you are at a lower weight. Do you do weights, resistance exercises? You could be plateauing, so that means eating less calories but not necessarily less food. By that i mean eating lots of food that pack a lot of nutrients but don't have the high calories that, say, a pizza would have. I have lots of fresh vegetables, lentils, chickpeas, watermelon, blueberries, sardines, cans of tuna, asparagus, eggs, fish, pineapple, black beans, and pasta like Slendier organic edamame bean fettucine which i have with basil pesto, sliced black olives and mini grilled tomatoes. I eat mixed nuts and almonds rather than indulge my love of chocolate (that I satisfy by drinking cocoa with Splenda), although occasionally i might have a small chocolate as a treat once the weight starts coming off again. I had eight kilos to lose, and it took a while, so be patient you'll get there.
  • NotGvnUp_EJ
    NotGvnUp_EJ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    One thing I found for me that may be the case for you is you may need to eat more. I'd try maybe adding 200 to 300 more calories to the day and see if you notice a difference.
  • Danisha43
    Danisha43 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Move more, drink lots of water, Aim for 30 grams of protein in each meal. Also pay close attention to how much sodium and sugar you're taking in. I wish you good luck on your journey.
  • LaetitiaLouise
    LaetitiaLouise Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Reduce your carbs and make up the difference in protein. This has been more effective than any other eating plan I've tried. I'm not eating rice, pasta, potatoes, couscous, bread or sweets in any form, except maybe once or twice a week I will have a croissant or a bagel. The only carbs I eat daily are fruit and beans/lentils. The difference in the way I feel and how quickly I'm losing weight is massive.
  • TracyL963
    TracyL963 Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 7
    Options
    True fat loss comes down to calories.....always. Calories in (the food you eat) vs. calories out (your daily activity). You want a daily/weekly deficit for weight loss.

Drinking more water or eating fewer carbs can help you flush some water weight but this is not the same thing as fat loss.

Eat satiating foods - look for protein, fat, and fiber content. Drink enough water (this helps some feel full). Get plenty of rest and repeat.

Also, by your profile pic you are female. Women's monthly cycle can also mean temporary weight (NOT fat) changes.

• frhaberl
    frhaberl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    As mentioned above, if you're a woman who still has a menstral cycle then you may need to give it a couple more weeks so you can compare to the same point in two cycles.

It may also be helpful to clarify what you mean by "no weight change". Are you literally seeing the same weight on the scale each time you weigh? If so, I'd check your scale. If not, then it might be good to look at your weight graph a little more carefully. Not saying this is your situation, but there are times when I would swear I was in a plateau, but that was just me focusing on the 0.5 lbs I hadn't lost in the past week and ignoring the 1.5 lbs I'd lost over the past 2 weeks.

If you're still not seeing any weight loss after one full hormonal cycle and you have been consistently in a calorie deficit (all foods tracked accurately and consistently and the net calories is still in what MFP calculates to be a calorie deficit) then I'd make an adjustment so that you are in a further deficit of 100-200 calories a day (or whatever you feel you can reasonably sustain).
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Recommended reading: The Dorito Effect: The Surprising New Truth About Food and Flavor,
    by Mark Schatzker

Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It,
    by Gary Taubes (note: although I don't agree with his conclusions he does a very nice bit of research in the beginning about black swans, where some people in virtual starvation situations will gain weight.)

• A_New_Creation
    A_New_Creation Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I know I can certainly relate to your frustration. Don't let this derail you.
    When you say youre eating better- do you mean healthier foods, or, are you also in a calorie deficit? Make sure to be in a deficit of sorts.
    Everyone/everybody is different so it's hard for us to know why this is happening. One thing that could be an issue is thyroid function- apparently low thyroid is prevalent, and it can cause difficulty in losing weight.
    For myself, I wouldnt notice a change on the scale even in the same week that I start making diet changes. So give yourself time! Be patient- truly, saying this form experience. Don't beat yourself up. Also I've been making some healthy dessert recipes lately. If you would like them, just send me a message.
    Best wishes and be gracious with your beautiful self <3
  • skelton_man
    skelton_man Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. My face and body is disappearing. I wasn't eating enough and was doing too much cycling and walking. I have to track my eating too make sure I'm eating enough. Someone in my family called my fat when I was younger. It changed my life. I get just as much hate being skinny.
  • gzellner
    gzellner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Consistency and actively thinking about my long-term plan has helped me. Consistency turns out was a lot longer than I thought! I also hate when the scale doesn't go down and get discouraged when it bounces up, but a little more time, exercise, and daily calorie deficit slowly gets me to lose weight.
  • clcrafter8950
    clcrafter8950 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I’ve been eating good for a few weeks now and I haven’t seen any changes with my weight I’m still the same weight 😩

Don't give up...it takes awhile....I've been tracking for a few weeks and exercising a lot more. I got frustrated when my weight was actually moving up but it seems to be slowly coming down now. Keep with it!
  • sahollis2023
    sahollis2023 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jenny;
    Same issue here. It was very difficult for me to lose weight. I had yo-yo'd back and forth with many diets. I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes for the last 10 years, but recently I was diagnosed with Diabetes and now I need to take this seriously. Before this diagnosis, I had reduced the protein in my diet, but I shifted to eating more carbs. I was surprised to learn that fruits, starchy veggies, all sweets, white bread, cereal, white kinds of rice, and most processed foods are packed with carbs. Based on my doctor's recommendation I changed to a whole plant-based, diet, eliminating meats, dairy, fats, and processed foods, and I have also increased my exercise (10,000 steps). I am finally seeing a change in weight as well as feeling better. You can find lots of info on YouTube on "sugar", and "carbs" and why a whole food-based diet is very beneficial in weight loss.

Always check with your doctor to ensure there is no other medical reason. I didn't know I had Diabetes and this had a significant impact on why I wasn't losing weight. Good luck with your journey of good eating and good health. It is a lifetime journey and only gets harder as you age.
  • Cant_think_of_a_username
    Cant_think_of_a_username Posts: 97 Member
    edited March 10
    Options

Tell us a little more about what "eating good" looks like - you'll be able to get some more specific advice then.
  • LorettaSt2al
    LorettaSt2al Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Be patient. Your body is not going to let go so easily at first, especially if you don't have a lot to lose. Something to consider if you still are not losing weight: What you might have going on is food intolerance. Once you get foods out of your diet that your body doesn't tolerate well, you will decrease inflammation. When I removed a certain food from my diet that I was intolerant to, I dropped 15lbs without even trying. Keep a food diary for how you feel each day based on what you eat. Try eliminating one food at a time for at least a week.
    Keep tracking all foods and adjust as necessary; stay active; get good sleep to minimize stress cortisol; eat whole and highly nutritious foods and lots of vegetables. Avoid dense calorie foods and foods that cause inflammation. Avoid alcohol. Go to the library and check out Joel Fuhrman's books and cookbooks. Best of luck to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!