Out with the old..new adventures to come.

Options
Kimbez1
Kimbez1 Posts: 1 Member
edited March 12 in Getting Started
Hello and good morning!! I'm new here, and actualy was not intending on a membership, I forgot to unsubscribe, so its a blessing in disguise. Anywhosal, I love a good healthy snack recipe, I tend to graze when I eat, which the results in over eating, so im trying to make healthier eating decisions and habits.
I just started about 6 months ago and have already lost 50 pounds, with my goal being to lose another 120 pounds, and I hope to find new ways of doing so here. I was a work from home employee, then went back into the health care field which is how I lost weight so quickly. I went from being sedentary to walking 3 miles a day and then some. If anyone has some suggestions on some great nursing walking shoes I'm all ears!
I wish you all the best of luck on your own journeys as well. Cheers to you and everyone, let's succeed together!!

Replies

• Kotkoda005
    Kotkoda005 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good luck and I'm sure you'll nail it! 💪 You've got this.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,459 Member
    Options
    What a great first post @Kimbez1 and you e kicked bottom starting off so well.

Not a nurse, but is there a store that does professional fittings of nursing shoes? Going to a running store and having them record and analyze my gait, suggest brands, and tell me I needed a half size larger with a wider toe-box turned my movement world upside down. I never dreamed that the professional fitting would make such a difference in my comfort level, and I was able to up steps immediately.

Does your hospital have a gym? Out local hospital opened a cardiac rehab gym years ago, and then made it available to employees, in hopes they’d use it. too Then they expanded and opened it to non-employees. It’s a phenomenal facility- weight room, pool, extensive class schedule, yet, they have to send a young gal out to visit doctors offices and such to let them know it’s available to them and their pastor ye, because so many have no idea (!!!!) this facility is literally attached to the hospital. And membership is ridiculously low, even for the public.

Much success to you? And I hope to see you around on the boards, sharing what you e learned so far.