OF COURSE we're going to lose weight, but how do we buy sizes for our TARGET vacation?

Options
mizmaxwil
mizmaxwil Posts: 7 Member
edited March 9 in Chit-Chat
mjv30i9sbaxy.png
You see that I have been doing myfitnesspal for years, with successes then regressions, just like you. But every US brand has a "size" that is inconsistent with another brand. I want to buy clothes for a cruise. I want to hear your thoughts on predicting your weight loss size?

Replies

• Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Male? Female? Weight? Time til cruise? Loss rate so far?
    They say women's sizes change about every 10 pounds for small sizes, closer to 20 pounds for larger sizes.
    I changed not only size but shape, from bottom heavy to top heavy.
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    That's a tough question to answer. What has been your experience in the past with clothing sizes and body shape compared to your weight? And, are you doing fitness exercises that keep your body toned. You see, if you are just losing weight and now working on your body through regular effective exercises, you may find in the end that you are looser, lighter, but still need pretty much the same size as before. I had to lose 50 pounds before I dropped 1 size in clothing because my waist and butt stayed about the same even though the rest of me shrank. But then, I'm an old lady with limited mobility and stamina ... Good luck.
  • ElfBodGoals
    ElfBodGoals Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    For an event, I'd try buying something I like in my current size and have it taken in after I lost weight. That way I know it suits my general structure, and I get to have a tailored garment like all the celebrities! That's part of how they look so good.

I don't want to buy into something several sizes than where I'm at now because I have no idea how it'll look, even if it fits. One size smaller in a garment I can find a good fit in my current size for feels safe.