Help

Options
I have been using this app for a few months ths now have started going to the gym amd having protien shakes but sometimes I really struggle and need some advice on how to stop myself from snacking and falling backwards

Answers

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    Snacking isn't necessarily bad, it depends on what you're snacking on. Look for low calorie dense snacks like fruits, vegetables (like carrots or bell pepper Sticks, olives, pickles).
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,282 Member
    Options
    Check to be sure that your calorie goal is appropriate. If you're underfeeding yourself, you will feel hungrier and possibly be more likely to snack away.

Pay attention to how different foods make you feel. Make notes if you can. Increase those foods that aren't high calorie and also provide good nutrition and make you feel full. Decrease those things that are really tasty but are high-calorie and don't keep you feeling full. Do allow yourself to eat some because life's too short to give up food you love. Just keep it in check.

Some people find some exercises make them hungry. Running and swimming come to mind.

Mostly - just keep sticking to it!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that sometimes I want to snack for nutritional reasons, which @mtaratoot has covered nicely.
    But sometimes I just want something to do with my hands or something to chew on.

Knitting and other crafts solves one problem.
    Finding things that are satisfying to chew solves the other.

The first and easiest option is sugar free gum.
    Other possibilities are:
    Miswak sticks. Sometimes called peelu. They’re available on Amazon, or at a halal grocery store. They’re great for your teeth and gums, and they’re relatively inexpensive.

Amazon also has a variety of silicone sensory items for neurodivergent people who like chewing for sensory stimulation.
    If you are the type of person who finds yourself chewing pencils? It’s worth considering trying one out.
    Most are aimed at kids, but there are some decent ones that look adult enough.
    I have a silver leaf that I enjoy.
    There’s also crystal shapes, and others that don’t look out of place on an adult.
  • Jillygirl0220
    Jillygirl0220 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn so this is my go to snack. (Simply Nature organic popcorn 35 calories per cup, 4 cups is my usual serving which is quite a bit). Also carrot sticks, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes or bell peppers dipped in Skinny Girl chipotle ranch dressing (15 calories for 2 Tbsp). Lots of ways to satisfy the need to chew and crunch. Not giving up is key. Hang in, I know that I am. Good luck!