Anybody know where I can see more detail about the MFP workouts?

Options
I'm.looking for examples, detailed instructions, etc. So I can see if its worth the cost and useful for me.

Best Answer

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Examples and detailed instructions (including some video) is literally what the MFP workouts consist of. Other than trying the "free trial" of premium, I don't know of a way you can see that.

I have premium, and I've looked at them. I haven't actually used them, because I've been athletically active for a couple of decades (long before I got to MFP), and know what I want to do and how to do it. (I understand that not everyone is in that position, so I'm not saying the MFP Workout Routines lack usefulness. They seem fine.)

There aren't that many of them. Maybe a couple or three dozen or so? Not sure. Not thousands.

They usually have a little explanation at the front, a video demo to follow (sometimes multiple videos if it's a sequence of exercises), and some timing (as relevant, things like how many rounds, how long each round should be - stuff like that). There are categories (Stretching, strength, Recovery, Yoga, Cardio, HIIT, more). You can build your own routine, too.

Since I haven't used them, only looked at them in a cursory way, you probably should take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I think you can find similarly valuable things on YouTube (or similar) for free. People in the Community would help you put a fitness practice together, if you patiently ask specific questions. (There are people here who are experienced and quite knowledgeable about fitness routines . . . and others who aren't, but have opinions to offer. ;) ) There are multiple threads in the Community where people share information about strength training programs they find useful, YouTube videos they like, etc.

The one thing the MFP workout routines have that an outside source doesn't is the ability to log them quite directly. To the very slight extent I've looked at them, I'm skeptical about the calorie estimates that come with them, but that may just be me.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes!

Answers