Hello! Trying to get fit again!

Options
MsBea60
MsBea60 Posts: 5 Member
Hi! I’m in Ontario, Canada, and I have just started back on MFP to track my daily food intake. I have gained weight over the last few years, thanks to menopause, less axticity, and cancer treatments last year. Now that I am back on track and retired, I am making healthy changes and would love to connect with others in the same boat. I have cut out drinking wine on a regular basis (just once in a while now), have started working on weight training with a trainer, I walk on the “off” days and do the occasional yoga class. I also tried Zumba for the first time last week and it was very challenging (but fun)! I am now logging what I eat and I drink lots of water. My weight hasn’t moved much yet, but I am already starting to feel a difference! :)

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome, MsBea60!
  • Jpess1
    Jpess1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in Ontario too.

I wish you the best! :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome, @MsBea60!

It sounds like you're off to an excellent start on all fronts: Cardiovascular, strength and flexibility exercise, plus monitoring your eating to tune that up.

Retirement does make it easier to fit in more of the "good for us" stuff. (I'm 68, been retired for 17+ years, on MFP since age 59 in 2015, weight loss then maintenance. I'm next door to you geographically, in Michigan. I'm also a cancer survivor: Stage III breast cancer back in 2000. I'm not as well-rounded as you athletically. I do quite a lot of rowing (boats, machine) and cycling (trails and stationary), but only a little strength training and flexibility work lately, to my detriment.)

Keep up the goodness, avoid biting off too much, too soon, and you'll amaze yourself by what you achieve in a surprisingly short span of months.

Wishing you huge success: IME the payoff in improved quality of life is very much worth the effort!