Gotta start somewhere!

Options
haileyjones6559
haileyjones6559 Posts: 1 Member
edited March 13 in Getting Started
Tomorrow will be day one at 5am of my hour workout on the elliptical. I will attempt this every day of the week except for Sundays. I currently weigh 245 pounds. My goal is 190 or lower. I would like to achieve 200 by my birthday may 9th. I know it’s a stretch but just simply seeing a change is a desire of my heart. I’ll keep y’all posted each week! Wish me luck!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

Gotta say, though: Workouts are great, but getting the eating side of things where it needed to be was the key thing for me, when it came to losing weight. That was around 8 years and 50 pounds ago.

Wishing you success: The results are worth the effort, IME!
  • Kotkoda005
    Kotkoda005 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome! 👋 You can do this. Just take it one day at a time. Easy, manageable steps.
  • wm3796
    wm3796 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The best thing for weight loss is being in a calorie deficit. Workouts are great for health and help in maintenance but tracking calories and staying in a calorie deficit is really the way for weight loss. Don’t stop your elliptical but also track your foods and maintain your calories below your maintenance calories to I lose weight. Also understand that calorie burn while exercise is often listed as much more than actually occurs. Good luck and one day at a time.