Home Spin Bike Set up ?

Options
I’m buying a spin bike, I also have two kettle bells (15lbs each), a yoga ball and yoga Matt..
I’m stumped how to set them up in my small space to make it inviting to do a work out before/after work.
What’s a good way to set it up? In a corner? Behind a couch?
help! Lol

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    I think this is going to be pretty individual. Some example things that might matter: Do your share your space with others? Do you need space to welcome frequent visitors, or do you spend more time solo? Will you do spinning, yoga, and strength work all in one session, or separately on different days? If on one day, is it a simple sequence, or like a circuit? (Circuit-like might be repeats of each thing, like yoga to warm up/finish, then rounds of spin then strength repeated with yoga to cool down. I'm not suggesting that as a workout pattern, for clarity, just giving an example of "circuit-like".)

I have some of that same equipment. I never use all of it in one session. My bike is in front of my fireplace (that I only use during power outages :D ), behind a coffee table. I keep kettlebells and some other small things underneath the coffee table. Really small ones (small yoga balls, sliders, bands) are in a basket under the table, and kettlebells outside the basket. My big exercise ball (stability ball type) is under a pedestal side table nearby. I do have a yoga mat, but usually keep it in its bag. It's sloppy of me, but I mostly just do yoga on an area rug that's on the opposite side of the coffee table from the bike.

I'd suggest thinking through how you want to use your equipment, how often, and what other purposes the room needs to serve for you (and other people who live there, unless you live alone). It's sort of an n=1 design issue, kind of hard for others to say what would be best.

Analysis paralysis is a risk here: I'd suggest spending only a few minutes thinking about it, then set it up and use it for a while, see how it works, then adjust anything that's causing psychological or logistical friction. You'll work it out.

Best wishes!