Please help me pray for this family................

Options
July24Lioness
July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
This happened in the small town where I grew up and graduated from Highschool. She ran away, police did no report. Her mom found her and then she ran away again.............This time she was found murdered.

So sad. Please help me lift her family up in prayer.

Victim Identified; Homicide Investigation Underway
PERRY-- Police confirm the body found in a Perry County creek is that of a 15-year-old run away. They are now investigating the death as a homicide.

Missing teen Sidnee Stephens has officially been located.
According to family, her body was identified by her lip ring and necklace.

"Well the body was in tact but there was a lot of decomposition because of the temperature outside and the water" said Sheriff Keith Kellerman.

Police are trying to determine if Sidnee's body was dumped into the Beaucoup Creek south of Pinckneyville.

"She had been missing for right at a week," says Kellerman.

When the family first reported Sidnee's disappearance, no alert had been issued.
After all, the teen had ran away before.

Her family worried about her mental state and say she was on medication.
As part of her description, they even included the several scars on the inside of both forearms.

Police believed Sidney was in "no immediate danger."

Police have not yet named any suspects in the case.

No word yet on funeral arrangements.

Sidnee was a student at Pinckneyville High School.

By: Christen Craig

Replies

• StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    that is a horrible situation, I am so sorry for them. Hope they find the strength to get through this!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :cry: I will pray for peace in their souls. IDK now......but God will get them through
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Praying ...:cry:
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Thanks for the few of you that actually display having a heart.

I spoke to one of my friends from Highschool and she is freind's with this girl's mother. She is absolutely devestated.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I just saw this, sending prayers for the family!
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    So tragic, sending thoughts :cry:
  • jenjerwey
    jenjerwey Posts: 8
    Options
    I definitly believe that God can heal broken hearts. I will be praying for them.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Prayers are being answered. There have been 2 arrests so far in this case. I am glad that his investigation is actually going some where. I feared due to being from the small town and rural area I grew up that it would go unsolved............

http://www.kfvs.com/Global/story.asp?S=12894733

By Heartland News

PERRY COUNTY, IL (KFVS) - Two people are behind bars charged with the death of a Perry County, Illinois Teen.

According to the Perry County Sheriff's Department police arrested 18 Year-old Carl Dane of Pinckneyville Wednesday night.

Thursday afternoon they arrested 17 Year-old James Glazier, also of Pinckneyville. Both men are charged with one count of First Degree Murder in connection with the death of 15 year-old Sidnee Stephens.

A fisherman reported a body floating in the Beaucoup Creek around 5 p.m. Sunday.

Police later identified the body as that of Stephens.

The Sheriff's department says they are still investigating the case and that they anticipate more arrests.

The Sheriff's department also says there could be a news conference about this case Friday.