Options
nbg8nczyn6
nbg8nczyn6 Posts: 7 Member
Hi y’all :) Ms.Acee here

Hoping to make some new friends and don’t know where to start.. hmmmm… little bout me. I’m a Theologian, turned health nut, turned baker single mama of 2 gorgeous girls. I’m trying to gain weight and hoping to turn those into muscle but don’t know what I’m doing most days lol.

Love to chat and help keep each other committed to the process of healthy living!

Warmest!

Replies

• SpinforCals
    SpinforCals Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome good luck with your goals
  • nbg8nczyn6
    Options
    Thanks Spin!! I’m having a really hard time hitting the 2000 calories a day and in particular the protein requirement of 150 seems like so much!!! Any advice?
  • wm3796
    wm3796 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    6 oz chicken breast has 52 grams protein. Also plain Greek yogurt and can add some berries to keep sugar low is good source of protein. Skyr yogurt is high in protein. Sliced turkey, lean beef cuts, eggs and added egg whites are higher in protein. I typically have almond milk with scoop of whey protein to get my first meal of the day at least 40 grams of protein with yogurt or eggs.
  • nbg8nczyn6
    Options
    Thank you!! Those are great suggestions I’ll definitely try to integrate. Can i ask how much over my BMR you think I should be eating if it’s super duper hard for me to gain weight… I’ve been eating a 2000 calorie diet for 9 days and I’ve only gained 0.7 ounces.. I know it can take time but I thought I’d be getting somewhere sooner?
  • wm3796
    wm3796 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your current weight and activity level. I would log and weigh for at least 2 weeks and then could increase daily calories by about 200 from maintenance if you want to increase your weight. You can see how that goes and further adjust as desired. If you are trying for muscle gains then ensure protein is adequate for that. If you have hard time meeting calories could add healthy fats such as nuts, nut butters, cheese, etc
  • Kotkoda005
    Kotkoda005 Posts: 66 Member
    edited March 29
    Options
    Hi lovely! I can highly recommended a podcast called 3DMJ (Muscle Journey). They talk about bodybuilding, nutrition, motivation, and essentially building bodies in general. Worthwhile popping it on in the background.

For muscle building, I have found that I always eat in a surplus and ensure it's nutrient and protein rich. Just because it's a surplus doesn't mean I let sneaky foods in; it literally just means eating higher quantities of the good stuff. Nuts, meat, peanut butter - they are all staples for me.