jholtsrq
jholtsrq Posts: 9 Member
edited March 21 in Introduce Yourself
10 days in...

Male Turning 45 end of July

Starting weight 212; today 207.6;
target: 175

Diet per day before (about 20yrs) 3/11/2024:
Generally 1 carb heavy, high fat, low protein meal; 12 pack of Miller Lite, one pack of Marlboro Lite cigarettes; poor sleep; elevated stress; sedentary activity level

Diet per day since:
3 meals, 1 snack; multivitamins; strict 1,500 calories; 35C/30F/35P macros; 10K steps; 30 mins cycling; no alcohol or cigarettes; moderately better sleep and stress level

Time: first 12 weeks weight loss diet only (calories deficit); final 8 weeks weight training (calorie increase)

Adding runs weeks 5-8 and HIIT at weeks 8-12; add compound lifts 3 days/week weeks 13-20.

Body fat currently around 30%; target: <=15%

Overall goal: Enter year 45 in best shape of my life optimistic for healthier, happier years going forward.

Leaning into my stubbornness for 20 weeks...

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,432 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

You've clearly put a lot of thought into your makeover program. That's great!

And at the end of 20 weeks . . . any thoughts about that?

Many of us find staying at a healthy weight more challenging than getting there in the first place. If you're setting up habits over the 20 weeks that you can happily continue forever to stay fit and at a healthy weight, that's perfect.

Treating weight loss or fitness as an intense but limited-time project with an end date can be a trap. Establishing sustainable new healthier habits - ones that can continue almost on autopilot long term - is a good strategy.

Maybe you can keep up stubbornness or willpower forever. Weak soul that I am, I can't. Nonetheless, I've stayed at a healthy weight for 8 years now, and a higher fitness level than average in my demographic. Easy, happy, practical habits FTW.

Best wishes for success, sincerely!
  • jholtsrq
    Options
    32 days in, 8.8lbs down. A little bit of a lackluster start, but tweaked a few things and now seem to be heading in right direction. Also had a short trip that hindered things a bit, but was able to return without weight change +/-. Added in a running routine on day 30 using one minute intervals to start building to 30mins steady in 30 days. Have used this twice before, works well. Hoping to knock off ~10 more pounds by end of 2nd four week period putting me in the low 190lb range.

Walking ~10K steps a day; cycling 5 miles a day; adding in interval runs; still no alcohol or cigarettes.

Calorie target set for 1,500, but usually wrapping day up around 1,300. Listening to body and adjust up if needed, but so far no issues.

Head down, charge forward...

J.
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hello! Looks like you have a well thought out plan and you are making excellent progress! Keep up the good work!
  • jholtsrq
    Options
    60 days today. Weighed in at 195.4 this morning for a loss so far of 16.6.
    Right on track at 2lbs/week. Still no alcohol or cigarettes. Have had to drop calories lower than first thought to achieve consistent loss, but have not suffered any ill side effects.

Ramping up exercise as conditioning improves. daily cycling 5 miles, walking 10K steps and extending interval runs in an attempt to increase distance.